Is this weird?

My fiance and I have been engaged for almost 2 years, we've had a lot of ups and downs during that time, a lot of debt, job losses and having a kid.. it was never a good time to get married, but my fiance would always bring it up that he wanted to get married, but we never had any money to do anything. He would talk about it so much I was almost feeling forced. Now that we have a little bit of money and steady jobs, I think it's a good time. But now he's acting like he doesn't want to. He avoids it whenever I bring it up, or suggesting completely ridiculous things for a wedding (like a destination wedding on a mexican beach, where none of our friends and family can afford) He's never been like this and a year ago he even suggested a courthouse wedding. Why would he do a complete 180?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he thinks that is what you wanted and why you waited. It sounds like maybe he is just trying to go along with what you want and he is confused. He talked about it over and over and you shot him down. He probably just has the wrong impression about what you really want.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:25 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Have you asked him about it? That's the best way to find those kind of things out...go straight to the source and work it out.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• courthouse wedding sounds practical and would give you what you want, to be married. Why didn't you like that?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sounds like when he wanted it, you didn't. Now that you want it, he's backing off. Time for a talk about what both of your goals really are and why.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Seems to me that when he wanted to get married, he felt that you were probably afraid and now that you're in a comfortable position, you're pushing the issue on him and maybe he's afraid that you may back out..men think totally different than women, therefore, you should ask him what's his hesitation...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009