My Godson's mom is constanlty asking for money.

Some history here, I have been friends with my godson's mother for about 25 years, And lately it seems the only time I hear from her is when she needs money. First it was your godson's birthday is coming up, he wants this but I cant get it b/c I've just been laid off, another time was b/c she'd been laid off we're behind on rent/mortgage, the last time I heard from her was he needed some money to get some stuff for school and other times but dont want to go to detail here. She asked me to deposit to my godson's bank account. Which I did. The only time I ever received a "Thank you" was when I sent money for his birthday.

Well last night I received and email about his upcoming graduation, and that he needs $220.00 to purchase gown, tassels, graduation invitations, soiviners etc. My question is do I send the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't. You are his Godmother, not his mother. That means you are to assist him in things like spiritual paths and moral issues, not financially.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• R u the baby daddy?Is the dad there for him. Sorry to say but I would not do it. I know u love him but she call when she need money
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 10:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I believe that's merely to RENT the graduation gown. Prices have gotten crazy. If you do pay for it I'd ask to see the price list and help out on making the selections to keep costs reasonable. I had to ask my mom for help like that with my kids but she insisted she pick it all out. I didn't mind. However, as godmother I think you are being taken advantage of. Next you will be expected to pay for college, wedding and the house down payment for the child. Set limits.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2009