Anyone ever make only dessert of dinner?

For your family- not yourself?

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you mean eat a cake for dinner? lol
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• not at home but I have gone out and done it. hell, you only live once!!! I wouldn't make a habit of it though. LOL
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• oh, We had Ice cream sundeas
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yes like cake instead of a roast LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• lol krazy what are you having for dinner tonight? twinkies?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Once a year, in the summer, we have ice cream for dinner. Special treat for all of us.
    But no I would never bake a cake for dinner.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, Every Friday night is movie night at our house, The kids make there own ice cream sundae's for dinner and we eat popcorn and chips while we watch the movie. It's there favorite night of the week. And sometimes on Wednesdays - our family game night - we just do nachos with a beef cheese dip for dinner.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 10:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No way, I would feel awful about that. I would feel like I'm cheating them!
    I'm a stickler for eating as healthy as possible...IMO, as a dinner-maker, you're obligated to feed your family something nutritious.
    Besides, DH would probably complain...he'd rather have meat than sweets any day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No, can't say that i've ever made dessert only for dinner, I don't think my family would go for that. But we do normally have a dessert after dinner. My kids just prefer their dinners to be more filling and healthy than just a bunch of sweet stuff can give them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:32 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Occasionally in the summer when it is super hot we'll have ice cream for dinner and then something nutritious for dessert. And in the winter we'll make dessert waffles for dinner. We make our own waffles and pack them with good stuff like whole wheat and milled flax seed. Then we let the kids put candy, whipped cream and chocolate sauce on them. We did this for my mom's valentine birthday and everyone loved it. then again, it only happens once or twice a year.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:36 AM on Mar. 6, 2009