I love hosting high school exchange students! How can I share my experience?

I have an only child -but he does not know it (haha) because we have hosted 1 or 2 exchange students every year since he has been in school! It has been a blast.
I select students I feel will fit into our family. The student is completely insured, has their own spending money and a local coordinator is there if I need her for anything.

BobShafer

Asked by BobShafer at 10:38 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was a part of AFS when I was in school. www.afs.org. I was in France, Switzerland, and Germany. Loved every moment!!
    Are you looking to get more parents to take part? I would contact your local library and ask to host an event...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• There is at least one group here on CM promoting this as well! Good for you! =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• On top of what was just suggested, you could also write a Cafe Mom journal about your experience so we Cafe Moms can learn more too.
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 9:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2009