Did you know? I am looking for current link, came out lastnight.....

Omnibus, which Obama will sign, has earmarks for lawmakers who no longer are alive, are retired, and did not get re-elected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, this takes the cake. Obama is definitely the Best president EVER, and NEVER breaks his promises. Bah.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yup. I have found a few stories pointing out that earmarks proposed by ex-lawmakers are making it into this Omnibus bill.

I urge everyone to write to their state Reps encouraging them to pull their earmarks that have been attached to this bill. I wrote to mine about it last week. Eventhough my Senator claims he is anti-earmark he still has one attached to this Omnibus bill.. it's pretty disgusting.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, I saw that in a yahoo article yesterday I think. There are also duplicate items in there that are already in the last zillion dollar bill they approved They have no intentions to take those out of this bill.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:59 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Sure glad Obama is going to keep his PROMISE and veto any Bill that earmarks! Whew...

Errr, oh wait~he isn't doing that, is he? hrmmm..

Not much change, just politics as usual... I see.  But with A MUCH BIGGER PROCE TAG in less than 60 days in office...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Grlygrlz shame on you don't tell truths about the almighty one's BS.You need your freedom of speech stiffled PRONTO SISTA!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:22 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think I heard about that on Fox, must not be true then, we don't have to worry about a thing!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/25/obama-cabinet-members-added-earmarks-omnibus-spending/

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• -contd

"Two Obama Cabinet Members Added Earmarks to Omnibus Spending Bill
    Labor Sec. Hilda Solis and Transportation Sec. Ray LaHood are two of several ex-lawmakers whose districts will enjoy the fruits of their earmarks in the 2009 omnibus spending bill nearing passage in the House. "

Fortunately, I'm sure the Foxphobes are intelligent enough to highlight a few names there and google them so they can find the same story somewhere more trustworthy, like MSNBC so they can be allowed to believe it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Once again- check into who put the earmarks in the bill.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

Once again, it doesn't matter who asks, all that matters is who is in the majority, because they are the only ones who have final say on whether earmarks stay or go. If Pub earmarks are there, it's only because the Dems added them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Haha... so it doesn't matter who asks for them?? Yeah right. If the democrats had asked for the majority of the 'earmark' money, we'd be hearing about that. You guys are great apologists.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 4:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009