How old is too YOUNG to have a baby?

Your opinions please...
What age is too young to become a mother

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• 12-15 is too young imo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Under 18, as far as planned pregnancies go. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If you can't work yet or you don't have a good enough job to suport the both of you that is to young IMO
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think that if you can't take care of yourself, then you are too young to have a baby. I agree with the pp, in that 12-15 is VERY young..........especially maturity wise.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• In my opinion, below 18. There are so many things you legally can't do until you're 18, so I think if you're not legally responsible for yourself until then, how could you be legally responsible for another human being?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:04 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i think everyone needs to go to college and get a degree before having a baby :] at least, i wish i did that.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:06 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 21 and under................you need to grow up first or else yoiur going to have a difficult child
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i was a mom at 15 and i think i was just as good of a mom as an older person was .i would not recommend girls to go out and get pregnant but if it happens and they can handle it .its not age its the maturity of the girl.

britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think you need to be old enough to support the child on your own, be old enough to work (obviously), understand the responsiblity -- ie do they know to take the child to the doc and when? Not all teens would know this. 18 as a rule of thumb sames reasonable. You really should graduate from high school and try get get college knocked out if you chose to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with 21 and under... I'm glad I had my 21st w/out kids, I wanted my time, and no regrets... My sister started early(18) and she's in her 40's now and hasn't gotten over her party stage yet... I feel for her kids...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:56 AM on Mar. 6, 2009