When to teach my DD to ride a bike and to tie a shoe

My DD will be 4 years old the end of next month. I was wanting to know first off what age do you teach to ride a bike??? And how do you teach them lol. I mean does mommy or daddy and do you start with taking off one training wheel then the other. Do I start this summer or should I wait until next summer when she turns 5???
Also When should I teach her how to tie a shoe??? Again should I start now or should I wait until after she turns 5???
By the way she loves to learn and she does pick up on things pretty fast. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd teach her right away if you feel she's ready.. my 3 year old is learning on a tricycle, she loves it. Good luck with teaching her both!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Totally depends on the kid. You could try both now. If she gets it then great, if not then try again later. There is no book on when to do this stuff.
    My older 2 kids just learned to ride without training wheels last summer. They were 8 and 6 1/2. My 6yo now still can't ride without them.
    My oldest learned to tie shoes at 6. My son just figured it out 2 weeks ago and he is almost 7 1/2. My 6yo still can't tie her shoes. Tying shoes was never a priority since all their shoes have velcro (until now).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I tie shoes for a living it seems like. I teach dance... 2 years all the way up to teens. I don't have a single 3 - 4 year old who can tie their shoe. They don't really learn until they are 6 ish.

DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009