What should I do first to start spring cleaning?

There is so much to do!

ladybug4

Asked by ladybug4 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would use Flylady.net or one of the cleaning groups on CM. Flylady is going to be the most thorough and organized though.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:54 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i always start with the ceiling and work my way down, then into the closets and cupboards. good luck!
    collinsmomma656

Answer by collinsmomma656 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I know where I'm starting ..........CLOSETS!!
    qtmomof2

Answer by qtmomof2 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always pick one room and start there. I go through everything in that room, declutter and super clean. Then I move onto the next. Start with the easiest room so that way you can get into the swing of things and just jeep going from there.
    tdenotter

Answer by tdenotter at 10:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Always declutter first and put those things away. If you have washable curtains do them last as you don't want to put dust back on your clean ones. Take down drapes, move as much furniture as you can to one side of the room and start with the ceiling. Get all of the spider webs out of the corners, clean the light fixtures, wipe all of the dust away on curtain rods. Before putting furniture back clean the floor where it is to be placed and then take your cleaning hose and clean your sofa and chairs taking off cushions and getting all of the dust and popcorn hulls etc that is down in the crevices. Dust off pictures especially on the top of frames. Do this in every room one at a time. But get rid of things you don't need and clean out drawers one at a time. You can do this by taking out a drawer and bringing it into the living room and watch tv as you clean it out - goes a lot faster.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:48 AM on Mar. 13, 2009