Does this scream SCAM to anyone else? I contacted someon on craigslist about a house for rent and here was the reply i recieved, tell me if you think it sounds like a sacm or im just paranoid?

Thanks for your response,my husband owned the house you are interested in, We want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of the house for us.It was due to our transfer that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it out for rent and we're looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it, as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own.

So for now,am here in France (paris)our new house and also my husband is with the keys/documents of the house which is located at (Address:- 86th street,Bloomington, MN)You can go and view the house there but you wont be allow to go into the housevbecause the Keys and the Document are with my husband in west africa ,we try to look for an agent that we can give this document before (continued below)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• we left but could not see and we are as well as dont want our house to be used any how in our present that is why we took it along to us here, and as you know that my husband over in West Africa for a mission of God,so i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house.So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home...............

Hope you are okay with the price of $700 per month with hydro,heat laundry facilities,air condition and so on..

I look forward to hearing from you asap so that i can forward you a application to fill out and discuss on how to get the house for rent,also are you ready to rent it now or when?

Await your reply,
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 11:41 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Seems alittle fishy to me.
    I am a super paranoid person on the internet so I may be over reacting but it does seem strange to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah, run away
    Anonymous

• It's a scam, they will try to get you to send them your personal information. Anytime someone says they are in Africa do not reply to them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Um yeah, that does sound a little off to me. I'd run :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 11:44 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We got one of those emails off of craigslist when we were looking for a house, it turned out to be someone else's house (they had never posted anything on craigslist). I knew something was wrong when he asked for my banking information.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't give it one more thought!!! I would certainly NOT hand over ANY of my personal information.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:46 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yes it is and report it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 6, 2009

• thank you! no i was not going to give any info out over the internet any ways.. i was just wondering if should flag it or not
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• ive never had a prob like that on craigslist that sounds fraudulent. ive called apts for rent and have seen them and they are legit. but thats a fraud ad. id flag it
    Anonymous