Is it right of me not wanting to visit my in-laws?

My husband and I have been married 13 yrs. His mom has not liked me from day 1. She is always so critical of everything I do. She complains what I feed the kids, What they wear and everything elsle. This weekend my husband wants to go down and visit but I would rather him just take the kids and go!! He visits my family(they love him) am I obligated to visit his. I just don't think I can deal with her again!!!

krisieb

Asked by krisieb at 12:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I agree salexander, not many of us want to go to the inlaws. I got to where I didn't go to mine either. But now we live clear across the country from them and I don't have to worry about it. LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my dad used to say don't spend five minutes with anyone you can't stand or doesn't respect you. Send the kids with dad

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think you should go and respectful talk back to her, lol. Thats just me. I don't deal with people like that for long before I snap at them. I demand respect from relatives, even on dh's side. I know, I'm probably wrong though. You might want to stay home!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• me and u are on the same boat!! me and my hubby have only been married 1 1/2 years but he's mother is a total bitch!!!! me and her cannot see eye to eye on anything!!!! The only difference is i have no kids yet and have been ttc .... and she's just constantly puts me down!!! But, when my hubby wants to go see her i go as well .. i just say hi and then blow her off the whole time im there i do it because i love my husband and regardless she his mother !!! and it pisses her off even more that im there and don't pay attention to her! so yeah be the bigger person and go and see how much she hates it!!! lol
    Anonymous

• No considering the info you have given, I would question your sanity if you actually wanted to go!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009