Does this worry you now?

It's getting up there. Soon might see 10% or more.

Jobless rate bolts to 8.1 pct., 651,000 jobs lost

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090306/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy

"There is no light at the end of the tunnel with these numbers," said Nigel Gault, economist at IHS Global Insight. "Job losses were everywhere and there's no hope for a turnaround any time soon."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I have been worried from the minute I heard about socialism! Nearly every person that has been placed in his cabinet has tax issues. And that is just okay, however if it had been the other party & these issues arose, the questionable people would have been run out of town, but not so in "their" administration! They can do no wrong in "their" eyes but they do wrong in our eyes constantly! We have seen these unlawful people be allowed to take these positions & their unlawfulness is simply overlooked. How are we supposed to be able to trust these liars and cheats to look out for us? They have done not one thing to improve the situation which has spiraled out of control from the day they took office. I have never seen anything like this, I have been in a state of constant disbelief since they took over. How anyone can rationalize "their" way of doing things is good & think that we are ok, is beyond me!
    Anonymous

• well i guess its the calm before the all mighty obama saves us .... BULL SH*T he is an idiot and i only see things getting worse
    Anonymous

• It doesn't worry me PERSONALLY, but it does make me worry about the future of this country. I think it is something we can turn around though. We did come out of the Great Depression, we can do it again. I say it doesn't worry me personally because my husband is active duty Air Force, so we have good job security and steady pay that won't decrease. I do have family members who have lost their jobs, which is worrisome, though.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It worries me, seeing how my husband is one of those who got laid off.
    Anonymous

• It does worry me but I still hope and pray for our president, senate and congress to help us get out of this mess. It started during the last administration and now we have to deal with it and find a way to fix it.
    Anonymous

• If commentators would not continuously speak death to our nation instead of life we may have a turnaround much sooner . All you hear is the negative doom and gloom attitudes which DOES affect people across this nation and abroad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yes, it does. And the Government can't save us. It actually really needs to stop trying and let the market correct itself. The more the Fed does, the worse it gets. That's been proven over and over. The only thing that can help here is really solid tax cuts and breaks for those in the private sector that provide jobs. They refuse to do that, so it would be better that they did nothing.

We have to go through the reverse growing pains, and let the chips fall. I'm sure the gov. could busy itself while this happens by creating some social programs for those affected.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• This is Obama's wet dream. He knows fear and panic will cause many to cry out for the Government to save them. They already are look at the bailouts. That is how he will implement Socialism. Then later he will convince those same people to beg for a contitutional amendment to allow him to run more than 2 terms. Then he will fully take over and Cuba will look like the good guys. Yeah for change.
    Anonymous

• There is no more blaming Bush, accept it. It all belongs to Obama since Jan.20, but I say since Nov.5. This is what the people voted for. Good for them
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• no it doesn't cause we both have been laid off and we still paid our bills. so i know we can make it. i am worried about where this country is headed though.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009