Bible?

which translation do you have? what do you believe is the correct translation to have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• KJV is probably best, but I use the easy translation.
    Anonymous

• At the moment I use New Living Translation... but I also use NIV and NASB. KJV is not the most accurate but this is very controversial topic on which is the correct one. The best thing to do is your own research. Also choose the one that most helps you understand His word.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The torah.
    Anonymous

• I have NIV. My personal opinion is that the translation that's best for you is the one you understand the best. I don't understand the KJV debate at all. I thought the purpose of reading the Bible was to gain wisdom and understanding and guidance... but if you struggle to even comprehend what you are reading you're not getting that as much. That's just my opinion.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use NKJV
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i use the KJV and also NIV
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i use the new king james version.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 1:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I use various translations - New King James, Complete Jewish Bible, New Living Translation, Amplified, New American Standard (which from research is the closest translation to the original).

Correct translation - one that works for you.. especially if trying to understand as you're reading it.

If you're looking for the best translation for yourself... go to either biblegatway.com or crosswalk.com ... you can type in bible verses and choose the translation... this will give you an idea of how they read and which one would be best for you personally.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I mainly use an NIV,but I also use the KJV, very frequently. But, If I'm doing something on here, I'll use the NIV, because the wording is easier to understand.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• KJV. Definitely believe it's the best translation. There is a lot of controversy, definitely, but there are many texts completely omitted from other translations. Matthew 18:11 is just one. If your translation doesn't have the text and you want to know why, PM me
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009