has your doctor told you, you had a window or thin uterus?

During my last C-section with my daughter 2 years ago. The doctor who performed my c-section told me that I had a window in my uterus & the only thing holding her in was the membranes &that I can't get pregnant or I will die and so will the baby. But when I went into to my checkup a week later his partner (other doctor in office) told me that it is possible that I could have another baby in 10 years. Because there should be enough scar tissue built up(the doctor that did my C-section is now retired).... & now me and my husband would really like to have another baby & I have been looking online at what some other woman with the same issue & some of their doctors told them they would just have to have the baby a little bit earlier so they wouldn't risk the chance of going into labor and possibly having a rupture,Anyways my question is have any of you have had the same problem what has your doctor told you?

chrholland

Asked by chrholland at 12:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would think with something like that do alot of research and talk to drs but with somethhing like that there probably will be alot of risks but if things all point to a good possiblitlty of a healthy you and baby then id say go for it i hope everything turns out good for you
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My sister in law had two c-sections, and her doctor told her the EXACT SAME THING!!!! She didnt listen, and got pregnant with #3...the baby died, and she was in the hospital for a while, because the baby was on the outside of her uterus...if the doc says no then I would listen, is it really worth the risk. My doctor told me to wait cause my birthcontrol made my uterus thin, so trust me I know its hard to wait, but you really should
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my first pregnancy ended in an emergency c-section and so that pretty much made me have to have c sections with all my pregnancies- so my second c section went fine but then with my third the doc told me that my uterus was so thin he could see the baby through it and that in a few years i might be able to have 1 more baby but that was it no more after that- a year and a half later i found out that i was pregnant with my 4th son and by then i had changed docs so i had to fill him in with wut the last doc had said- but then when he did that c section he said he saw nothing wrong and to feel free to have more but to space them out a bit- and now- a year and a half later i am 5 months preggo with my 5th boy- lol and my doc is already asking me when im going to start trying for my girl! lol but yes do get some different opinions from different docs cause u dont want to jeopardize ur health but good luck! i wish u the best!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009