For the ladies that judged me while taking percocets during my pregnancy

Well for those that thought my baby would be in danger, she was born on valentines day, and is a HEALTHY baby girl. She was 9lbs 2oz, I want to say thank you Emmy, cause instead of being like the other women on here, you gave me information that I was able to use and bring to my doctors attention. When I signed up for Cafe Mom, I was looking for opinions and advice, not to be told to grow up.
My doctor had stated for the little amount that I was taking, it was not putting my baby in danger. So again thank-you Emmy for answering my question the way I wanted it answered.

Jessyca26

Asked by Jessyca26 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• You cant be angry or frustrated because people gave you their opion, when you ask a question on here people will give your their honest answer and if you dont like it than you cant really ask.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Wow. Let it go. I understand that they probably caused you worry, but it's the internet. There are bound to be opinions you don't like to hear.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with 1134amMikalya_lynn. I personally did not see your post but I would have expressed concern too. I am very very glad your baby is healthy, Congratulations mommy, What a great day to be born on!! Many many times though things come out at birth or afterwards related to the pregnancy itself. Surely you could have looked past the emotions to see that the bottom line concerns were appparently, obviously, concern for your baby's health that you chose to ask about. Did you ask "Has any mom taken percocet in pregnancy and not had pregnancy or baby troubles or did you ask closer to Should I be concerned about taking percocet in delivery? Plus you're asking in one of the most open forums within cm, maybe less vile-sounding responses would have come in had question been asked in a medical group itself or pregnancy group itself instead of an absolute open forum. Nothing is 100 percent known til after the fact.
    Anonymous

• i am glad you found someone to befriend you. ignore the mean ones on here....well that leaves just about everyone. i can't find one nice person on here anymore. congrats on your baby.
    Anonymous

• Congratulations on your baby! I don't really know about your situation because I didn't read your question, but I'm glad she came out healthy. People may have been genuinely concerned about your baby's health, but most likely, they were down right mean, because most women are on here.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I completly agree with you. I am 8 weeks preg and my primary care doc had me on perc(low dosasge as needed) for extreme pain from a car accident.WHEN I WENT TO MY OB HE SAID THERE WAS ABSOULUTLY NO PROBLEM WITH IT....he was more concerned with the antidepressents I was taking which I decided to stop. I came on here and "researched" a little bit to see what others had to say, and instead of getting the opinions and ideas of people, all I read was people just being downright hatefull to the person asking the question....I think sometimes just because women have children they think it makes them an expert on babies and pregnancy, although their opinion may be helpfull for things like how to get your baby to sleep through the night....I think some people should leave the drug advice to the doctors!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY!
    destiny00843

Answer by destiny00843 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009