What to do if I take two birth control pills in one day by mistake.

Yesterday I took two birth control pills without realizing I had already took a pill for that day. This is the first time I ever did this and I don't know what to do. I called the clinic today where I got these pills from and there are no nurses in on Friday. Do anyone know if I am suppose to take nothing today since I took two yesterday or do I just keep on taking them as if I haven't taken two yesterday. I am nowhere near my reminder pills so will my period come on twice if I am suppose to skip todays.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• Call the pharmacy.
    Anonymous

• call a pharmacist at target, walmart they should be able to help.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well they say if you forget to take it you can double up - so I don't think you've been poisoned or anything - although the one time I did double up; I puked, but -- I would imagine you just continue taking them as normal and your period will just start one day early...

But I don't think it's anything critical that can't wait to talk to your Dr or nurse about on Monday =)
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I took mine one day times by mistake I just didn't take one the next day becasue I already took it the day beffore. What I did is if we done anything that night I didn't take one I used a backup. My periods still were regular. If you are consured the parmisist should be able to help.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2009