What can I do to help my very sensitive skin daughter not itch? (allergy ?)

I know she is allergic to dust, and cats She is asthmatic also so cats are gone, house is relatively clean, what could be triggering her recent flare up in rashes all over her back ect.,?

2mothershelpers

Asked by 2mothershelpers at 12:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• ...and when I say right after a bath, I mean RIGHT after...I pull him out, give him a quick pat down with a towel and then smear him and wrap him back in the towel before he gets his diaper and pjs on.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son has eczema, he's having a flair up now too. Ped told us to smear him with vaseline right after a bath to seal in the moisture and then keep him moisturized with Eucerin the rest of the day. If you can up the humidity in your house that would help too...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My 2 DDs have Eczema too, and that's what we do. However, if it's a dermatitis allergy, you can get corisone shots from the dr. until the rash goes away.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 3:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009