how rude!

wut was the worse thing anyone said to u while preggo or early into parenthood (or at any time) about u or ur children- unsolicited advice or just plain rude comments- and wut was the best piece of advice u ever got?

i think the craziest bit of unsolicited advice ive ever gotten was when i was standing in line for my sons birth certificate and he had just gotten his 2 month vacs so he was cranky- a woman came up to me cooing over him and when i told her he was fussy from the shots she told me to mix a little alcohol into water and feed it to him and that will make him sleep and take away the pain! wow! and the best advice was to eat and sleep when the baby slept-

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The best advice I ever got regarding children was to sleep when he slept. And let me tell you, it was GREAT. Otherwise you end up NOT sleeping EVER!

The worst advice I ever got.............let me think, there's a LONG list...........hmmmmmm.........how about not to give my son ANY OTC meds for a massive cold he has. (ex-MIL thinks she knows everything and was miffed that I was giving him something to ease his cough and fever so he could sleep! This was YESTERDAY! LOL)
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The best advice I ever got was to establish a good nighttime routine.. my son goes to sleep at 830 every night on the dot with no problems! The second best advice was to establish healthy eating habits. I didn't introduce any artificial foods or sugar until he was over a year... and voila! My sons favorite food is broccoli!!
    The worst advice I got was to "eat for 2" my whole pregnancy and NOT to workout.. (a beautiful excuse to be lazy) That's how I gained over 80 pounds!
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• The doctor tried telling me I was not in labor and tried sending me back home (an hour away). Boy was he wrong.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009