My daughter is 3 years old and refuses to be potty trained she has all the signs of going being pt but she refuses she hold her pee/poop in for more than 5 hours and then will just go hide in a corner and pee what should i do? is this normal?

Jackie1562

Asked by Jackie1562 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try this:

http://www.pottytimeinc.com/

a few of my friends swear by them. I heard about it on a local talk show and since then my friends (my lo is too little to be potty trained) bought them and they worked perfect for all of them!!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 3 hours is too long for a 3 year old to go without going to the bathroom. Try more frequent visits to the bathroom
    Anonymous

• i know 3 hours it long i put her on the toilet starting out at every 30 minutes and an hour in half passed by and i knew she had to go so i put her on every 10-15 but she held it in every time and it was going on six hours since she had pee'd she just gave up and hid
    Jackie1562

Answer by Jackie1562 at 1:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Do you have a diaper on her? My daughter and I just went through the same thing! I found if I left her naked and made her sit on the potty with a book she would go. I used one of the "I spy" books for toddlers. It took a while to get through it...she would relax enough to pee. Then I would reward her with M&M's...acted like a fool, dancing around and all...This way I could start with alot and as it became "routine" I could lessen the reward. Then as she got good I added panties...then pants...and so on...if she had an accident left the panties on for a bit so she would get uncomfortable with wet panties on. She had 2 accidents and that was it.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 6, 2009