Menstrual type cramping-28 weeks pregnant

28 weeks pregnant. Been having horrible cramping in my abdomen, feels like menstrual cramping. Has been going on the past 24 hours. Any ideas what it could be? You can ask additional questions here and I'll answer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would call your dr i have always been told that menstrual cramping is not good
    but it could also be ligament pains but i would stil call the dr
    are you bleeding at all ? if so i would head to the er and get checked
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree...call the doctor. It could always be Braxton-Hicks, but it could be something more serious.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 1:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Not bleeding at all. Last sunday I was in the L& D for contractions. Nothing out of ordinary except for the cramping.
    Anonymous

• where the contractions bad to where they had to stop them ? if yes then this could be a bad sign i would get checked just to be safe
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had to have 2 shots of terbutaline, and 2 IV bags because of dehydration. I wasnt dialated though.
    Anonymous

• i would stil go in and get checked if you had to have them stopped then this couldbe them happening again i would go just to be safe
    i had to have 3 shots so if i felt that kind of pain i would be in the L&D quicker then anything
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Definitely get checked! I had my middle son at 28 weeks. I started having sharp pains which i thought was my baby trying to find a comfy spot. The pain didnt go away and eventually my water broke. With my third son, I was complaining about sharp pains again at 28 weeks. My OB put me on bedrest at the hospital for a week due to me being dialated at 1cm and a short cervix. Had my little guy at 29 weeks. So I would definitely call your OB or head down to the ER.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009