Contraversal Info....What's your opinion?

Some say, never wake a sleeping baby because if they they are sleeping they obviously need the extra sleep. Others say dont let your baby nap too long during the day as they won't sleep as long at night. Harder to get to bed, night wakings and early rising. So what do you do? Do you let your baby sleep as long as they want during the day? Or do you limit their day time sleeping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my daughter sleep as long as she wants during the day. I have found that the better nap she gets during the day, the better she sleeps at night.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i say never wake a sleeping baby.
    Anonymous

• This was different for each of my kids. One would sleep and sleep in the day if I let her and then not want to go to bed at night. My youngest son would take 4 hour afternoon naps and sleep well... if I shortened his nap (if we had somewhere we had to go or something) he slept worse at night. Every kid is different... do what works for your baby :-)
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am torn on this issue. My daughter gets anywhere from 3-4 hours of naps a day, usually in two different naps. However, just the other day, she slept nearly 6 hours in naps during the day. And that night she woke up at 2:45...and 3:45.....and 4:30.....and 5. Then I got her back to sleep at like 5:30 and she didn't stir until 7 when she is normally up around 6:15. So I think she can sleep up to 4 hours, then I will wake her from now on.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm of the philosophy that you NEVER EVER EVER wake a sleeping baby. In my experience, limiting daytime sleep is asking for trouble at night. A well rested baby sleeps longer and harder than one who is overly tired.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My daughter doesn't nap that long during the day and sleeps all night most nights. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones : / But yeah, sometimes she'll sleep alllllllll day long and we pay for it at night. It sucks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always let my babies sleep as long as they wanted.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always let mine sleep.
    Anonymous

• I never wake a sleeping baby.. i noticed with my son that good naps mean a good nights sleep too..when they don't nap enough that's when you get issues with them being over stimulated and sometimes they will simply refuse to sleep then no matter what you do.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always let her sleep... I always got the "wake her every 2hrs for nursing" whatever.. if shes hungry she will cry!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009