Could you eat...............................

Right now me and my family are in Africa. There culture is the complete oppoiste of ours in the u.s. Since people over here do not have enough money to buy alot of food they do not believe in waste. So they eat just about all the animal. Im talkin the intestance, the stomach the eyes, kidneys , brain, tougue.etc....ect. I cant stomach it it makes me sick. So i was wondering how many of you mommas could eat any of these things. Could you eat these parts of the animal? If so which parts?

izzyandbuggsmom

Asked by izzyandbuggsmom at 1:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ewwww....I couldn't eat any of this stuff! Maybe I should take a trip there... I need to lose some weight!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think the only organ I might be able to eat is the liver. Everything else would just be too much for me.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Im with BlessedMommy...take me with you...lol
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I don't even eat liver! Nasty!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• God no. I can't even eat fish. I'll eat ground beef, chicken breasts, and lunch meat. I won't even anything that even slightly resembles the animal, let alone parts that aren't just "meat" eww. But I do eat hot dogs lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I dont eat meat so I suppose I would die! I cant imagine having to eat some of that stuff......
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 1:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i could eat the tongue and liver. we eat that here. my dad got hooked on something called bronslager/ sounds like that anyways/ when he was stationed in Germany with the air force... , it is a meat pate. i didn't know what i really was as a kid, you spread it on crackers and it tastes really pretty good, it is goose liver... made by Oscar Meyer, sold in every grocery store. i would refuse to eat brains because that is how people got mad cow disease in England, they eat white sausage and that is made of brains and spinal cord matter and that is how they got it... so i would never eat a brain, i couldnt eat an eye either, i would be looking at me!! and the kidney and stomach seems really sick too... i would try to be respectful but really you can only expect people to change so much...

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• don't you ever watch Bizarre foods with Andrew Zimern??/ he eats it all. I eat some pretty wierd stuff as some say. But it is not wierd to me. I love sweetbreads!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My mother grew up owning a ranch and there was 5 kids, only one income, from the ranch. They ate everything. They ate stomach and brains and tongue. She still has a really hard time wasting food. We would have leftover night on Saturdays and we hated it! She composts everything and I am sure to this day could still eat whatever was put in front of her if she had to. I however, can't eat rabbit or liver or organs period! I can barely eat pork and I am not sure why. It just grosses me out. I guess you do what you have to do and the majority of these people don't know anything different.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Nooooooo no no no. The weirdest thing I'll eat is liver, and I have issues with it. I love watching Andrew Zimmern eat weird stuff on Bizarre Foods though :P
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009