Are you surprised the money loaned to GM won't be enough to save it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no all it is is more handouts
    Anonymous

• No, I don't necessarily think giving money to businesses and companies is going to "save" them all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• no my hubby works for a car dealership where we live and things are definitely really bad
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No, I don't think they should have gotten any money at all.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Nope. I think it's their fault, too, for not producing a better quality product and/or for passing the production off to businesses out of the country.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• They need to file bankruptcy.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• How wasn't it enough money? It seems to me like the majority of people in the city I live in are all rolling around with newer vehicles.

I agree with akin-they just need to file for bankruptcy. Lets just be done with them!
    Anonymous

• Not surprised at all. They mis-managed previously and still obviously do not know how to manage, now. The sad part? It's the big-wigs from the company who will make out, no matter what.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• By filing bankruptcy, a judge can order management to be fired immediately and appoint other managers at lower salaries. This is what is preventing GM from filing for bankruptcy and why the city of Lansing, and the state of MI is fighting so hard, because of the political ties with the management of the Auto Companies and the ties with the UAW. Bankruptcy will also force the UAW to take concessions those (all) greedy b**tards refuse to take.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Akin, I think I heard yesterday that they will even need more money from the government to even file Chapter 11 Restructuring. I don't know why people didn't see this coming. I think a few of us have been yelling Chapter 11 for months now. Even I knew this was coming and my crystal ball is broken.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009