If not breastfeeding, when is milk not suppose to come out no more? (TMI)

My baby is 2 1/2 months and I breastfed him the first 2 days of his life. But then I did not produce enough milk for him to be satisfied so I had to go with the formula. I thought that after not breastfeeding him anymore that no milk was suppose to come out but this morning (TMI) when my husband and I were having sex, he grabbed my boobs and said, "OMG, look!" When I looked down breastmilk was coming out! When is milk suppose to stop coming out? Can I still attempt to breastfeed after giving birth 2 1/2 months ago? What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YES! You can still breastfeed. I reccomend getting an SNS that will mean your baby can still get formula, but your breast will ge tthe stimulation. Contact your local LLL leader ASAP! YOU CAN DO THIS! Breastmilk is best for baby and just so you know, you milk hasn't even fully come in by two days so whoever told you you weren't making enough milk was an idiot. Good luck and I hope your baby can get the best now!!!!!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well, I can't answer for the being able to breastfeed again thing.. but I will say that I stopped breast feeding almost 2 years ago and I STILL get some little drops out kinda frequently. It's weird, I know.. but normal.. (I think...)
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 2:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• navy wife, its okay if you dont breatsfeed too, dont be so harsh on formual fed babies
    Anonymous

• I never said one bad thing about formula. Jsut stated the truth. There is no denying that breast is best. This mama was misinformed and I want to set it straight so her baby can get the best.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:18 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Oh yes you can still breastfeed. www.kellymom.com has great info on it. I wish you the best.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yep you can still breastfeed if you truly want to. your baby may or may not take to breast since hes used to the bottle but you can always pump and give it to him in a bottle.
    and like navywife said im not sure who told you that you didnt have enough milk because your milk doesnt usually come in for about 4 to 5 days after delivery and even then its not well established sometimes for two weeks. Hope all works out for you.
    as for drying up after i stoped breastfeeding my son i still leaked alittle here and there for months.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• 2 days? You were very misinformed if you thought that you weren't making enough after only 2 days. That's crazy. But searching for answers is awesome. You can certainly still breastfeed and you should. Research relactation, find a La Leche League leader, and visit kellymom.com as others said. Get the right information so you can avoid another careless mistake. You can do this =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Its toooo bad that the mothers on here are so hard on other mothers for formula feeding....Calling nourishing your baby a "careless mistake?" What a bitch.....Im sorry but you know what people do their damndest to do what's best for their baby...I am BFing but I also supplement... I think you are the idiots that are so closed-minded and go out of their way to be rude to other moms and make them feel inferior.
    OP- I hope that you are able to accomplish whatever goal you have set out for...if you are able to BF good for you, if not good for you....Im sure you are a great mommy...
    some people on here really make me sick.
    Anonymous

• formula feeding due to lack of information is a careless mistake and not best for baby. get over it & don't insult those who know better & are here to help. your bitchy comment makes you look like the rude, close minded idiot.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• anon- for one- grow some balls and dont post anon if youre going to be rude.
    two, nobody said ANYTHING bad about formula feeding, they were just giving positive encoragement for breastfeeding.

if you really want to start BFing again i wish you all the luck, it might be tough at first but theres always outside support :)
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 7:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009