What to buy for a 25th Anniversary Gift?

My aunt and uncle is having a big 25th Anniversary Bash coming up and I'd like to get them something, but I'm trying to avoid nick nacks and such. If you've been married that long what would you like to get for your anniversary?

CelestesMommy

Asked by CelestesMommy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Shopping

• Not sure how much you want to spend...Matching robes of fine fabric like cashmere.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It really is a nice gift. If its too much money maybe you can buy it with other people. A cashmere robe is something no one buys for themselves but its a slice of heaven when you have one.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Tickets to something would be nice. Something fun that they can do together, ballet, opera, a concert? A gift card to their favorite resturaunt would probably be appreciated too. Or a gift basket with edibles in it. Like nice coffees, teas, jams and bisquits is always nice if you're looking for something inexpensive. I usually don't do gift cards but in their age range they'd probably rather that than more nicknacks to sit around their house which is why I'm guessing you're avoiding the nicknacks lol!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• silver
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Silver is the traditional & modern gift to mark 25 years...
    I guess it depends on their taste. If you don't get something that is silver (I like the first gift idea)... Wrap it up and tie it with a silver colored ribbon.
    Other ideas:
    -Silver flatware w/ case
    -Silver houseware (bowls, vases,keepsake plate etc) I'd go one step further and get it engraved.
    -Silver cufflinks for him (engraved), silver earings for her (with a gem?)
    -Engraved silver frame with a fav pic of them in it or silver covered photo album, engraved

-Wedding throw, w/ their names, wedd date, and 25yrs embroidered on it.
    -Wall Art
    -plaque
    OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 9:26 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• You could get a silver photo frame with 2 slots in it. Have their names, wedding date engraved on it. Then put one picture of them on their wedding day in one side, and them now in the other. We did this for my grandparents 60th and they loved it.
    You could also put together a photo album of pictures of them throughout the years, from their wedding until now. Engrave on the front "25 years of love and laughs, and their names"
    Just a few ideas.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 7, 2009

• A second honeymoon! Or something near to it...lol. Perhaps a day for both of them at a local resort where she can go to the spa and he can golf or they can both do something they love, like fishing?
    I also found some wonderful books in the bookstore that the recipient(s) fill out. Sort of like a journal-helper, memory-maker type of book. The books are filled with starter lines of "When I first set eyes on him or her" and they fill in their memory of that time. Such books can be handed down for generations.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2009