what is the stupidiest thing u boyfriend r husband fought about

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• This was in our first few months together, years ago. I have a pretty unique first name. And DH's brother was at a local truck stop and heard a truck driver talking about being happy to be home because he was going to see [he used his gf's name...same name as mine].

So, in turn, his brother told DH I was having an affair with a truck driver! So ridiculous!
    motofamily

Answer by motofamily at 2:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well that's a tough one... my hubby's bipolar and when he doesn't have meds he picks fights over all sorts of inane shit... recently he got upset about me using the phrase, "First of all..."
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• not taking the garbage out after putting more crap in it and seeing it fall right back out lmao.
    Anonymous

• Banana Bread, and he went to jail for it! I made the bread for a work bake sale and he got mad because I wouldn't cut any for him, so he punched a loaf of bread (there were three) I got mad and grabbed my son to get him dressed and then he kicked a ride on toy at me and I called the cops. Cops came, discovered the abuse (that was legitimately happening for quite some time, more verbal than anything) and he went to jail. Funny thing is, NOW we laugh about it and it was the best thing that could have happened to us because he had to take classes. There is a lot more respect in our house now then there was then.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 2:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• What or where we will eat for dinner. Sometimes on the weekends mostly, we can't ever decide what the heck we want for dinner. I cook all week so weekends I don't. He will say what do you want for dinner and I say I don't know. He will say well, what do you have a taste for, again I reply, I don't know...lol He them comes up with a few ideas and I blow them out of the water..Im laughing right now because this is so funny now that I think about it...lol
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 2:27 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Well, it's kind of funny, but we went to marriage counseling because I ate a Twix bar that he left sitting in the laundry room for weeks. Apparently I was the most selfish person in the world for eating his Twix bar and it evolved into a huge argument. Of course, we were not really arguing about the Twix bar at all- we had a lot of issues in our marriage and this little quibble was just the catalyst that brought a lot to the surface. That fight was actually what led directly to us going to marriage counseling because during the course of that argument/discussion a lot of the deeper issues came out and it made dh realize that we were in deep,deep trouble. Ironically it was the bset thing that could have happened to us because going to couseling saved our marriage, and five years later we are happy, in love, and have even added another child to the family. I still dont' like Twix bars anymore though! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We used to always fight about who had to wake up with our son on the weekends. When our son was little, neither one of us ever got any sleep and when 6 in the morning came around, we both felt that the other should have to get up. So one Sat morning I decided that BOTH of us should have to get up. Well we did and it was hell. We kept arguing about who gets more sleep and who works harder. We started to make breakfast together and ended up having a huge food fight in the kitchen. I was covered in pancake batter and he was covered in eggs. We were both sooo pissed off at the time it was happening but ended up laughing about it when we realized how stupid it was...
    jujubean003

Answer by jujubean003 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• He's my husband now, but at the time he was really pissed because he said I did not scramble eggs correctly and left "white" in them. To this day, I remind him of that ridiculous shouting match over nothing. Can you ever totally get rid of the "whites?" I don't think so. Now he eats and is happy to have eggs when he gets them.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009