Encourage me please..... I quit smoking.

After 25 years, I quit today. Been on Chantix for a week and today was my quit day. Woke up & didn't smoke that 1st one; had coffee & didn't smoke #2-6, had my shower & didn't smoke, got in my car to run errands & didn't smoke. I know it may not seem like much to someone who hasn't smoked, but for those of you who have, then you understand, this is a very big deal to me. The Chantix is working great... the cravings are so slight that I am able to make it through them. Wow. I quit once before, and had hell. I don't even feel irritable. This is incredible.

I also started my new nutrition eating pattern today, which lets me eat 6 times a day (which helps with the cigarette cravings) AND I set up the Wii Fit to help me move through the other cravings. I never, in 25 years thought, it would be this hard to quit, and I never new Chantix could make it so much easier.

Pat my back! I may make it this time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're going to love the fact that your food is going to taste better and your hair and clothes will smell clean instead of like smoke even when they're freshly washed! Don't be afraid of feeling your emotions either. It's so easy to self-medicate with a cig when you're tired or stressed or need a zing to get you started, but take your body's clues, and relax when your tired and take extra vitamins or excersize in some way when you need. Also, don't be afraid to cry or be sad or to feel pain. You're not Superwoman, (even though the cigarettes made you feel like it) and nobody expects you to be. Really.
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 2:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Good for you! You already saved HOW MUCH money?? Just think of the other shopping you will get to do. What fun!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• woohoo, you can do it! Keep up the good work!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• YAY for you!!!! You are making a wonderful choice. You are saving your life, and giving your children an amazing gift, a mother who will be healthy enough and will be around to see them grow up!
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Good for you!! I'm going on a week, but I'm using the patch.
    Anonymous

• Congrats and good luck. I know it's hard to quit. I have been a smoker for 15 yrs now and quit during both of my pregnancies but started right back up again( i know stupid). I have been saying for months now that i'm going to quit but i never do. It takes a strong will to quit smoking....keep it up
    kimber76_2000

Answer by kimber76_2000 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Great Job Anon!!!! I know those morning cigs are hard, my sister smokes. You are doing a great job, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• CONGRATS!!!! Hubby and I quit too... Me this past October, and he did this past November, we didn't use anything, he was eating those nasty nicoret things. I told him to quit eating them, they were just making him crave nicotine... After that it got easier ofr him and he hasn't smoked since... It feels so good to be free from cigarettes... Good luck to you!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I quit using Chantix too and it has been 3 years!!! You're right - you might just make it this time! Congrats on your first day! Coffee helped me.
    Anonymous

• Congratulations!!!
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 2:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009