How long did it take you?

Your Open QuestionShow me another »
How long did it take you?
Ok so I have been dilated 1CM about 80% for about two weeks. I have been having strong contractions throughout the nights, and mild ones throughout the days... But they are still irregular. I am 39 weeks along and dying to her out lol. I was just wondering how long from this point did it take other women. The doctor told me 2-3 days from wednesday and here I am Friday with no pregression. She said we will schedule an induction of nothing by the 11th of March.
The baby is extremely low and I have lost my plug... There is NO way (physically) that I will be this way for 4 weeks lol... And the baby is moving a lot... Contractions aren't consistant though and I've been having them for two days... Ugh Im ready to not be pregnant anymore lol

Mommy2BMarch09

Asked by Mommy2BMarch09 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You poor girl I know how you feel I went a week overdue and i thought i would die lol. It only took a couple days for me to start having regular contractions but even up until the very end my contractions would not stay regular. I was miserable. I never thought a human being could be so miserable. Oh but yes just get pregnant. I hope she comes soon :) Oh yeah and finally scraping my membranes or whatever dont ask me if thats even correct terminology but thats finally what got me going.
    Anonymous

• I was about 80% effaced and finger-tip dialated two weeks before my due date. I was the same one day after my due date. My doctor was going to let me go to 42 weeks before being induced (ahhhh!). I lost my plug in pieces and when the last bit fell out, I went into labor 2-3 days later and 24 hours after going into labor, I had a baby (he was born 5 days after my due date).

You should wait until you are 40 weeks before considering induction. Then discuss the pros and cons of induction with your doctor. There are risks for letting you go very late past your due date as well as risks for being induced instead of laboring naturally. If you feel you need to be induced sooner, let your doctor know you understand the risks and want to be induced. I believe they still have the right to refuse to induce you if they feel that induction is an unnecessary proceedure. It's best to talk it out with them anyway.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009