predestination??

i have always been tought that we can chose salvation and not that the lord "predestined" certain people for heaven and certain for hell but why in Romans does it talk so much about the "Lord's Elect" and "predestination"??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We are all "predestined"through Christ to be the LORD's elect. This will take time (and scripture) to explain, but it will have to wait until I come back.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• (Romans 8:28 & 29)
    God knows beforehand who will and will not chose to be saved. That doesn't mean He chose some to be saved and some to be lost... only that he knew the choice each would make before they made it. Anyone who is a believer in Christ and is faithfully following Him is one of the "Lord's Elect". As far as predestination, the Bible says "the Elect" are predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ. No one is predestined by God to be saved or lost. However, once someone accepts Christ, God purposes that they are to become like Christ. Meaning they are predestined for the purpose of being like Christ.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Because you may have been taught wrong. The bible is truth and speaks about predestination. He chose us and we choose to accept it or not. He knows who before hand will receive Him or not.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• im agreeing the the other girls..
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 7:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Jesus' sacrifice is for all humanity..God so loved the WORLD.... It's our choice to accept His gift or reject it. As the others have said, just because God knows who will accept Him doesn't mean He plans it. God wants everyone to accept His gift of eternal life. (2 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 2:4)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:34 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am imagining a God who holds out hope and offers opportunities to the very last minute! I do think it is important to always remember how much free will God gave us all. I think some people actually hide behind what they describe as "God's Plan". Different sects choose to focus more closely on different aspects of the bible. I think that very thing is HUMAN nature. As humans try to understand and make sense of different things, they find different paths to take. There can be more than one path that leads to the same place..... and I think the place any Christian would want to go is towards the love of God.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2009