Anyone else afraid to co sleep?

I have never done it nor do I think I will, I just get afraid thinking if I start my LO won't be able to sleep without me all the time, does any co sleepers experience this problem? Or can your kids do just fine without sleeping in your bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never did. They always slept just fine without me. I would definitely not start that habit, it is a very hard one to break.
    Stephanie15

Answer by Stephanie15 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I co-slept with both of mine. My kids enjoy their own beds now.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• IMO co-sleeping is dangerous and it's not good for the kids, they need to be in their own bed.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• when he was 2.5, we moved our son from our bed to his own bed in our room, then to his own room and bed at three. neither transition was difficult. (we made a big deal about his "big boy bed")
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:41 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was afraid to co-sleep at first, but I was really paranoid about SIDS so we started co-sleeping from day 1 (and followed the guidelines for safe co-sleeping). When the kids were about 6-8 months old and were getting off boobie and taking bottles, I moved them into a sleeper in our room. Then, when they started sleeping longer at night, around 10 months, we moved them into their own room. My oldest got a big boy bed around 2 and my 1 yr old is still in the crib in thier room. I did have some nap-time troubles getting them down, but it only lasted about a week. IMO the kids didn't really notice they weren't sleeping with me (since they were on a bottle by then) cause they had what they wake up for in arms reach. And also, IMO, they started sleeping through the night better when they got their own room b/c we could keep their room warmer and they didn't hear us snoring or getting to bed late or watching tv in bed,etc.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009