What can I mix medicine with?

My almost 2 year old was prescribed robitussin and motrin yesterday. He takes the motrin fine but it is a fight to get him to take the robitussin. I tried mixing them but he didn't fall for it and he has to take them 4 times a day. Is there something else I can do?

MyLove

Asked by MyLove at 2:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe some yogurt or pudding? My son loves Pediasure and when he has medicine that isn't good, I mix it in with that and he drinks it quickly. But I have mixed things with yogurt or pudding before too. My son is 2 and as long as he doesn't see me mix it in there, he is good to go.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:37 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try yogurt or pudding like the PP suggested. Also, this works awesome with my son.........strawberry syrup in milk.........the put the medicine in. If he says something about the taste, tell him it's the strawberry flavoring. It should work.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• TRY PUTTING IT IN JUICE OR YOGURT.SOMETIMES JUICE WORKS BETTER
    BRAN2006

Answer by BRAN2006 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I still have to mix my son's meds. He is 5. I put all his meds in juice. No fight. No Problems. lol My mom did this to me when I was s kid. Just make sure if you have other children they don't drink his juice cup.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 3:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• a strong juice -- it's hard b/ what you put it in must over power the smell/taste of the med.
    Anonymous

• i would check with his doc, i always thought with cough medicine you can't mix it as it reduces it's effectivness... i'm not sure where i learned this so it may be incorrect but i'd check with his doc just to be sure
    tati17

Answer by tati17 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009