husbands

Does anyone else wounder if there husbands dont know how to wash laundry? I mean seriously he can tell we need to do laundry but he will wait till my day off cause he knows i will do it.
But in all honesty it drives me nuts im 32wks pregnant still working full time hes layed off till the end of the month and then the company he works for picks back up so all he does is sit at home. Hes good at keeping the house picked up but its like he doesnt know how to do laundry, or cook dinner.
like i wana do that stuff when i get home at 7 at night. I think i spoiled him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Stop doing his laundry. Just do your own. Eventually, he will get the point. He will do it eventually and then just hand him yours and say "while you're at it, here you go."
    Anonymous

• Can't relate, Im a sahm, hubby's gone 4 weeks at a time, but if I were in your shoes, I would expect him to do it!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 2:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My husband is so lazy he want even throw his down the shoot. So when Monday comes around he doesn't have anything to wear he starts complaining; I turn my head
    Anonymous

• Have you just point blank asked him why he can't do it? I'd just tell him that being pregnant and working is wearing you out and see if he'll help with it.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• oh i say something all the time to him about how he could help out by doing laundry. he just says ok.
    then i will be doing laundry on my day off and he will come into the laundry area while im putting them in the dryer or something and say "I would have done that"
    I always think oh yeah then why didnt you do it yesturday while i was at work? Hes watched his mother do his fathers laundry and work full time his whole life i think maybe he thinks its the womens job or something.
    Anonymous

• quit doing it. also quit other things you feel you are doing and not receiving in return. he'll figure it out pretty quick
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my SO had 2 days off this week never offered to help with laundry or even mentioned he needed work clothes done but at 8 this monrning he was like uhh i have no clean undershirts didnt you do laundry i looked at him (still half asleep) and was like if you need laundry done, go to the laundry room read tjhe directions and wash some clothes!!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• At first it was just me doing the laundry then I told him I really wouldn't mind if he did it once in awhile lol. He got the hint and now he starts it and I finish it, or he separates the clothes for me or folds them and puts them away. It pretty much works out. You should tell your hubby if he doesn't want to actually do it then he should help you at least by separating them and taking them to laundry room or helping you fold / hang the clothes. Good Luck.

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• maybe he thinks you enjoy doing it since you have let him get away with it for so long

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Atleast he's keeping the house clean...some men will not do that...I understand that you're pregnant and your expecting him to do a lot while he's home but some men must be led and not told to do things...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009