Why................

Does my back hurt so freakin bad where they gave me the epidural? It starts when I pick up DS I get a sharp pain where they gave it to me then it stings worse than the epi did and then the whole left side of my back and my shoulder go completely numb. WTF?

ZachsAngel

Asked by ZachsAngel at 2:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• this is happening to me but on my right i feel u girl lol
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I had that only for a month after giving birth. My son will be 3 months on March 18th.
    Anonymous

• that happen to me as well that will happen alot but it will get better
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ok so it's not just me then. My son is 5 months now so I was thinkin that it shouldn't do that anymore. UUUUUUgh I should have gone all natural anyway because the epi didn't work! I felt everything except my left leg!!! He was 8lbs 11oz and I am very tiny and my doc let me rip pretty bad 3rd degree tears. There is a lot more to it but it was a nightmare!
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 3:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If he is 5 months I would see someone abou tit. From my understanding it should have gone away by that point. You may want to make sure a nerve didn't get nicked or something. Feel better, and I am sorry about your experience with it.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I will try to find a doc i can afford. It's ok all that matters to me is that my son got here safely and in one piece! But man I thought his big a$$ head would never come out lol! I'm surprised my eyeballs did fly right out of my head! LOL At least i can laugh about it now!
    ZachsAngel

Answer by ZachsAngel at 3:21 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I am having the same problem and my son is 8 months old. The epidural didn't work for me as well. If I had insurance, I'd be seeing a doctor for it. From my understanding it should have gone away within three months. But I'm not a doctor. I'm fairly sure its not normal to be experiencing pain from the epidural after five months. See a doctor if you can.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 4:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Chances are they didn't do the best job of giving it to you and now you are feeling one of the *possible* side effects of the epidural. My sister had that problem and to this day she can still, at times, experience pain from the doctors slight mess up. That's part of the reason why some moms don't get it. And the fact there is nothing you can do if they do mess up. I guess I had a good anesthesiologist, I've never felt any pain from the injection site =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009