What are the signs of a vaginal infection during prenancy?

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and concerned about a vaginal infection. I haven't had an unusual discharge or odor but it's been a bit itchy down there for a couple of days.

Part of it is because I'm very wet down there all the time but could it be something else. Is this cause for concern or something I should ask my doctor about?

I just don't want to seem like a paranoid freak. I already ask him so many questions and I feel like I call to often to ask them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its a possiblity you have a yeast infection they are common during pregnancy and also Bactrial vaginoses is really common during pregnancy and is sometimes hard to know if you have the infection with out letting your dr screen you for it.
    So if you think you may have a infection i would call thats what your dr is there for and many infections can be passed to baby and be harmful. BV can cause preterm labor. so dont worry about what your dr thinks its his job to answer all questions even if you think you ask to many.
    Anonymous

• that's what they are there for, call your doc's office and ask the nurse there.
    Anonymous

• Whatever it is probably needs to be checked. Its both of the above mentioned are very common I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant and some other things I dont remember the name but I didnt even know it.
    Anonymous