What should I expect after giving birth?

I had my son Feb 26, 8 days ago, and I did not rip or anything according to the doctor but when I was discharged from the hospital it started burning when I pee. Closest thing I can describe the pain as is pouring rubbing alcohol on an open cut. Just wondering if that is normal. Thanks so much for your time! It's greatly appreciated.

sum1smommy307

Asked by sum1smommy307 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• My guess, you've been stretched more then ever to get the baby out. You may have some small, insignificant tears or something that the urine irritates when it hits them. I wouldn't worry too much. It will go away in a couple weeks or so. CONGRATS!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Congrats on the baby. You need to talk to the dr about this. I've had 2 kids. I riped on the first and no tears on the 2nd. I didn't to burn when I peed with either. Call your OBGYN and ask them if they can see you before your 6 weeks check up.

DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try getting a squirt bottle and fill it up with warm water, and as you go to the bathroom, squirt it! It makes it feel so much better. That's what the hospital gave me!
    Anonymous

• You stretched everything out even if you didn't tear. You're SO lucky you didn't tear, holy crap I had a second degree tear and I was in pain for two weeks after I gave birth. But yeah, just a little burning is normal. Try a squirt bottle with warm water, like the anon above said. That helped me a ton during those first few weeks. Congrats on your baby, hope you're having fun :o] My daughter is two months old, so the whole after birth experience is still fresh in my mind.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I would go see a OB/GYN. I had the same problem and told at delivery that I didn't tear but I thought otherwise and after investigation I did tear and the OB who delivered my son just lied. It shouldn't hurt that bad when you pee. Just use your squirt bottle as much as possible. Good luck!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Congrats!! I am not sure what the issue can be other than small tears. Call the doctor and ask, that is what they are there for. I had issues with having a BM and it hurt like heck!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009