Grandma who doesn't want to spend time with grandkids continued.....

More of the story.... because the prior post ran out of room to finish. Grandma doesn't want to come over even though we are only 1.5 miles away. When the girls talk to her on the phone and ask her to come over, she says she needs to clean or is busy. The girls know that we are not welcome at their house and get their feelings hurt when she won't come over to our house. I am what I would consider a strong woman and I don't put up with anyone controlling me nor would I let some "new man" in my life force my family out of the picture. She has told me she knows better and still complains about him, yet in the same breath will tell me what a "good man" he is. I just don't get it. The last time she asked my husband and I to come over ( 1 year ago) to fix her computer, grandpa came down and yelled at us and cussed us out. We left and are not welcome anymore. She seems fine with that....again, I don't get it.

Noodlebug713

Asked by Noodlebug713 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Isn't it obvious that your mother is in an abusive relationship and she has her own reasons for staying...including omitting you and her grandchildren from her life? Your mother isn't fine with the way the situation is going and she may be afraid to leave...I would suggest you look into symptoms of a battered woman and send the information to her.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009