Do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

I always wondered how much to tip the pizza delievery guy. Usually I dont tip him anything because the order takes up all my cash. Do you tip him, and if so how much?

Fala

Asked by Fala at 12:12 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I would definantly tip! It is service, and I bet they don't get any "gas money"!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• OMG YES you need to tip a delivery driver! I normally tip about 4-5 bucks!
    lcarr53

Answer by lcarr53 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used to own a pizza place in Champaign IL. (college town) Kids dont tip usually. And MY personal take on it is this.....What kind of car is the delivery driver driving? Is it nicer than the car your driving? Yes? DONT tip him. Was there a surcharge for the delivery? yes? DONT tip. Was the pizza hot and the toppings ON top? No? Dont tip! If you feel the need to tip $2-4 for an order between $15-25 is about right. They DO get minimum wage OR better plus they get to take a percentage off on taxex for mileage. Good service and a Hot and correct order is what people should tip for. Tipping is NOT mandatory.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• After working in the service industry, I tip. They use their car, their gas to bring you food. a couple bucks isnt going to hurt you and it might even make their day. They dont make alot and those tips help! Trust me, I've been there.
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 12:24 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i do if i have money
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If I don't have enough to add for a tip, I don't order food. We pretty much give them at least $3.00, but usually between $5.00 and $6.00, depending on how much the order came to. I'm not going to order an $8.00 sub and tip $6.00.
    I can't believe people DON'T tip!
    Sarahem

Answer by Sarahem at 1:19 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I worked delivering pizza's for about a year. Factor in gas to get to your house, finding your house, running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to deliver several orders at once going in different directions, vehicle maintenance, only making minimum wage, the employer pays 10 cents a delivery... yes they deserve GOOD tips,
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think the appropriate ettiquete is to tip him 20%. This guy is bringing your food to your house, and spending the money on gas. If he knows that you will tip well, they will remember you, and to get your food to you faster.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:13 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I tip about 2-5 for good service. Plus most places charge a $5 delivery fee that goes to the driver as well. Most delivery places are just up the street from me. Most of the time I am too busy to go get it myself.
    busybee914

Answer by busybee914 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Most places charge delivery fee's, even up to 5 dollars as a previous reply stated. Where I used to work, they charged 1.50 extra for delivery... However, the driver only got 10 cents of that.
    jamie8506

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008