Things they didn't tell you about...

...... giving birth. No one told me that I would be afraid to poop for days after having my baby, or that I would need icepacks for a week. What are some things you would have liked to been warned about BEFORE you delivered?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol, definitely the poop thing. also after i had an epidural i couldnt walk for 12 hours so when they made me get out of bed that night i peed all over myself...yeah that would have been nice to know about.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Omg that brought back the funniest memory for me. I swear, after giving birt the first time, I could not crap for a whole week and when I did, it shot all over the entire bathroom...lol Im not kidding, the whole bathroom. Yeah that would have been nice to know ahead of time. Thank you, I laughed so hard writing this:)
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 3:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Yeah the whole poop thing was gay, seriously. I would've liked a heads up about hemherhoids and such. I spent hours crying in the bathroom because I couldn't go. Eeeh.

And I wish people would tell me how much sleep I wouldn't get while in the hospital. I slept maybe two hours in three days. Horrible. I'm so glad my daughter is sleeping through the night now.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I was never told about the pain after you give birth. I was sore and had major cramping. It was crazy. I knew what to expect with my second but with my first I thought something was wrong. Lol.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• deffinitly the no sleep in the hospital thing! did they REALLY need to wake me up every 2 hours to make sure i was still alive? isnt that what the machines are for?

the poop thing was awful!! luckily, they were making me take stool softeners in the hospital & sent me home with some. it was still unbelievably painful to poo & i got hemroids, so i cant imagine how horrible it woulda been if i they hadnt given me stool softners.

oh yeah, i also wasnt told that my DH would fall asleep extra hard in the hospital like he was the one who gave birth. freakin pansy haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• the pain when you first start breastfeeding. How all of a sudden it feels like you insides are going to fall out when you are on the loo. How much it is going to hurt to pee if you have even the smallest tear
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• And don't forget how much it hurts when the doctors and nurses press on your uterus over and over :o] I wanted to murder them, seriously.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:11 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• That the postpartum bleeding would have clots the size of a deck of cards! I went to the bathroom and seriously was freaking out!
    Anonymous

• i had no pain well not much i pooped and peed after the baby no problems the only thing was the bleeding it dint hurt but the CLOTS WERE SO FREAKING HUGE i was like is this normal? it was nasty eew
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm with you okmanders. My husband was snoring his ass away as soon as we got to the hospital!! LOL. I was induced at 1:45am so I'll give him that but only a little, after the baby he was back to snoring again. Yeah the whole popping thing and peeing thing, if you got stitches I did. Burns and hurts to go pee, oh and how many people would come and stick their fingers in your ahem area haha. What else that they wake you up constantly. How you will literally feel the urge to push, it's crazy. Oh the most important you have to use the same muscles you use as if you were taking a dump!!!!!!

xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2009