dropping your baby?

ok i have a baby that is 4 mo. yesterday i got her out of the car and she was still in the carseat. i was trying to get the door to my house unlocked and i droped her face down. lucky the curve of the carseat and her still being straped in kept her from smaking the sidewalk. she is find just a tiny little scratch but it scared the crap out of me. so my question is how many mom have dropped there babys on accedint?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't drop my son, he fell off the couch and smacked his face on the coffee table......I felt horrible!!! He is 8 months old.
    maryw24

Answer by maryw24 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I haven't, but holy crap I get terrified I'm going to all the time. It's an anxiety of mine, I can't stand the thought.

My mom slipped on an icy step and fell down with my brother when he was a baby, though. Both of them are just fine.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• He's a wiggler and I've almost dropped him. My friend's baby rolled out of her arms and off of the couch one time. Her doctor said that although you should always be very careful, babies are more study that we think. Accidents happen and you shouldn't make yourself feel badly for something that you didn't mean to do. :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:08 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My sister-in-law told me when my niece was a baby she didn't realize she hadn't strapped her baby in the car seat and when she picked it up, my niece went flying to the ground. It scared the daylights out of her, obviously, and took her to the ER. She was fine. Babies are so tough! Things like this happen all the time!
    Anonymous

• Sort of. My daughter wasn't really a baby at the time, she was two and a half. She was in her booster seat on a chair, and I stupidly didn't have it attached to the chair because I had lost the strap in a recent move. She was wiggling around so much that she flipped the seat off the chair and landed on her face. I felt SOOOOO bad. She was fine, but I'll tell you what, it is certainly strapped to the chair now.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i havent dropped my son but i did drop my little brother on a tile floor when he was about 6 months old.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My oldest rolled off the bed at 8 weeks (my fault), my 2nd off the couch at 5 months (dad's fault) and off of the changing table at 4 months (my sisters fault), my daughter off the couch at 4 months (my dad's fault) and again at 9 months (my sisters fault). It sounds horrible like I have all these incompetant people with my kids, but honestly they were all on accident. It will be okay, I know how hard it is especially when you feel you could have done something differently. She will be okay, try not to be to hard on yourself. It happens unfortunately, and I am sorry to say it but once she is crawling and walking and climbing it will happen alot more. Babies are resilient.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my DD fell off the couch, i fell asleep by accident when she was like 3 weeks old i was terrified and called the doc he said she was fine as long as she was drinking and peeing, lol since then (shes almost 9 mos) she has bumped her head so many times i feel like a horrible mom!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I have dropped both of my kids once each.
    Anonymous

• omg my daughter did that last night when i went out to eat....she was in her stroller and when i looked down at her she wasnt in there anymore and i saw her crawling to the casino part area LOL..it seems like im a bad parent but im truely not! she gets out of everything easily.
    Anonymous