• In the Spotlight:

Is my daughter wierd...

I co-slept with all my kids for a time. My oldest untill he was about 2, my youngest was about the same age. But my daughter hasn't slept with me since she stopped nursing. She refuses. She is 18 months old and weaned hersefl (assumingly because I was pregnant) at about 14 months. She doesn't want me anymore, and will cry if I go to lay down with her. I thought toddlers liked the company of mommy for naptime. Am I (or is she) the only one?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 3:20 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Perhaps she sees the others sleeping alone and want to be a big girl, too?
    Anonymous

• My son has never wanted to sleep with me. When he was a baby he would push me away now that hes talking he says "mommy i sleep in my bed, you sleep here" lol
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 16 months old. She doesn't want me to hold or rock her. Never has!!! She want to be put in her playpen all the time. She will try to CLIMB in it. She loves it b-c she can see us, but also still has her own personal space. She doesn't have a crib anymore. She now sleeps in her twin bed.
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• well my son is just oo busy to bother with sitting or cuddling... occasionally he will grace us with his presence and allow us to be his chair, but that lasts fro all of 30 seconds and he's ont he move again... he's 19 months
    tati17

Answer by tati17 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My daughter can't even sleep in the same room with someone and has been this way since she was about the same age. Don't feel bad, every baby is different. Co-sleeping is about doing what is natural and comfortable for your baby. This particular baby does not seem to be comforted by it, so he gets his own bed.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:51 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• My son co-slept with me until he self-weaned at 11 1/2 months. used to be that the ONLY way he would sleep was if he was in bed with me, he's now 19 months and there's no way he'll sleep/nap with/next to me. they only way he'll sleep is if he's in his own bed, with the door shut. so your not alone!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 7, 2009