Why do people feel that it is okay for a woman to hit a man,but he is not allowed to hit her back?

This question has been in my mind after I read a post about Chris Brown and Rhianna.Some people were saying that it doesn't matter if she was hitting him first.So why is it acceptable for a woman to hit a man as long as he doesn't put his hands on her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think if a woman hits a man, it is ridiculous for her to expect that he won't hit back. If she slaps him and he beats her to death, that's one thing. My husband and I had this conversation already. He told me that hitting a woman is wrong and he will never hit first. But if a woman hits him, he will fully protect himself and it's fair game at that point. I agreed.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:25 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• men are stronger and are supposed 2 respect a woman. and its just not right. but there are women who beat up their husbands and thats not right either. but usually a man can do more bodily harm to a woman than a woman can to a man
    Anonymous

• Well if you have read any news articles about the Rhianna thing in the last few days, you'd know that she didn't hit him at all.
    Anonymous

• What my comment about this is that it is fair game if a woman hits a man! I dont believe that one is bigger or badder then the other! I know if a woman is trying to kill a man, and that man really wants to live, he HAS to hit her back....It just makes sense!
    Anonymous

• That's a hard question. I would say that is okay for a man to defend himself, and definitaly restrain a woman. But most, not all admitedly, but alot of the time the woman is smaller or weaker, and no she shouldn't be instigating, but he should make her stop but not try to hurt her either. I know it sounds sexist on my part, but thats mho. Although...I know a few women out there exist that are truly brutal to their men and maybe one swift kick in the but would be enough to make them stop, so I guess it can go both ways.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:29 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• It's a double standard I'd like to keep. But really, men are stronger and should not hit us, the delicate ones. he he.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I don't feel that way.

I think that ANY person who physically assaults another person and is surprised when they get hit right back is STUPID and naive. Regardless of gender. No a man shouldn't hit a woman, but a woman shouldn't hit a man either.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 3:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• nobody should freaking be hitting anybody else ....KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with what most are saying. No one should be hitting anyone else. Regardless of who hits who....a person has the right to degend theirself.
    BrisMom

Answer by BrisMom at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Gender is irrelevant. Whoever hits first should do so expecting everyone else in the room to hit them back. They just committed assault, no matter which party has the uterus.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009