Does anyone believe that all these women who claim to have gotten pregnant using two forms of birth control are telling the truth?

I don't. I know how I got pregnant and it wasn't using two forms of birth control.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh god no. That would make the failure rate for birth control like 50%. They're either bold faced lying or not using it properly.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• No I don't believe it.
    Anonymous

• It actually can happen. My friend was on the pill & using condoms when she got pregnant. Turns out though, she wasnt picking up the hormone as well as she should have, it didnt "work" for her or something like that. So there is always that chance, its just really REALLY rare. But it happens.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• haha i always hear these excuses and cant understand how it could possibly happen... bc AND condom its like 1 in a trillion chance lol and i hear that all the time! idk i think its just poeple that dont know what there doing orrr just make up the whole thing.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• If they are using both forms the way they are SUPPOSED to then hell no. lol

Use and expired condom that's stuck in the pack and forget to take your pills at the same time every day then sorry but you screwed up not the birth control lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• its possible to get pregnant while on birth controle but to be using condoms to i would think thats gonna cut your chances way down so either they are lying, arnt taking the BC the right way and the condom broke.
    Sounds like they are just lying because it makes them feel better.
    Anonymous

• WannabeMommy was right though its rare but happens there are plenty of women out there that dont take to hormonal bc well or at all but its rarely ever detected that they cant which could very easily result in pregnancy though having that backup is always important to make sure its not going to happen there is always the saying that the only true safe sex is no sex its true that its rare but its not impossible give some people some slack about it granted some are probably full of it but others it is actually possible
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant on bc 2 times. dr never said that i have a problem but if you are useing bc and a condom. that just doesnt sound right?
    Anonymous

• sometimes other drugs you take while on birth control can actually inhibit the birth control. i'm not positive on this but i think some anti-histamines can negate your birth control. i'm a Christ-follower and i believe wholeheartedly that He is the creator of life and that if you're supposed to have a baby. . . you can "birth control" all you want and it's not gonna help. haha. but that's just the way i see it.
    i met a woman who was using two forms of bc (because she wanted to wait until she was 30 to have her babies) and got pregnant twice! then. . . only a year after her second baby she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and had a complete histerctomy, at age 29! if her birth control had "worked" she would never have had babies. that's only one of many stories that make me believe that He controls all this stuff. :)
    rachelo

Answer by rachelo at 4:15 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• While I think many women are lying

a) It DOES happen. My best friend's mother was 39 when she had her last baby. She was on BC, the used condoms, spermicidal lubricant and kegals because they did NOT want to get PG again but also refused to "get fixed."

b) Many women lie about BC failing because there are so many judgemental people out there. When we got pregnant we told everyone the condom broke even though we had been trying for a couple of months. I don't want to lie but I refuse to hear about how much of an idiot I am because someone else doesn't agree with my choices. My parents think anyone that has a baby without a college degree is a failure. I disagree. We're financially stable and ready so we concieved but as far as most of my friends and family know this baby is a big ol suprise.
    Anonymous