what size is a leprechaun?

My son wants to catch a leprechaun. He got a box to set a trap. But I was thinking maybe a glass jar? So what size is a leprechaun? Will he fit in a glass jar? A Jelly jar or a quart jar? Or should we just stick with the box?

tristansmom74

Asked by tristansmom74 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• p.s (I am the one who posted about the shoe box traps)

Anyone who is interested. When I did these with my prek class the kids would decorate their traps and leave them out before they left school. That night we'd sprinkle green glitter everywhere and fill their traps with those gold chocolate coins and other small items. You could even get creative and make foot prints. You can either leave the coins as a way to tempt the leprachaun OR leave the coins to show he was there - that is usually the more fun way :) ...It's a fun way to pass another long wintery day!
    Anonymous

• hah ur joking right?
    Anonymous

• I would stick with the box but they are very hard to catch lol.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• LOL...my son used to want to catch them too!!! Except he thought they were animals...like mean rabbits or something.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 3:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• this is perfectly normal i used to do the same thing
    i_like_corn15

Answer by i_like_corn15 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• based on the Lucky Charms commercials, I'd guess you'd need an appliance box.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I always assumed they were like the size of your thumb. Like could fit in the palm of your hand. Go with the jar, it's see through so he can see beter when he catches one. And tell your son good luck! My boys were hunting dragons last night. But we didn't have much luck.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:58 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I reccomend a ceral box:) lol
    Anonymous

• Use a clothes basket
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 4:05 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• stick with a box. the jar might break and he might hurt himself. (your son, not the leprechaun). I know that at xmas time they have stencils you can use and spray snow or powdered sugar on them makes it look like reindeer hoof prints. Maybe you can get a GI Joe doll or something and make little footprints going to and leaving the box to show him how close the leprechaun got while he was sleeping. It doesn't really matter how big the L. is, it's how big your son believes it is.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009