Is it safe to get a tattoo while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im not positive BUT i know you cant give blood for a year after getting a tattoo because of some risks. so im gonna say its not a good idea. but i could be wrong so you may want to talk to your dr just to make sure
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• They say not to get tattoos or piercings while pregnant because it requires a healing process and your body is already working so hard to support your pregnancy that the chances of infection is higher. i say wait till you have the baby.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 3:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• its an infection risk id wait until after.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 3:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• this is one of those things that will get you a few different answers.
    your best bet is to ask your dr.
    i have friends who are tattoo artists and she has been pregnant 4 times and has been tattooed while pregnant and i know he has done tattoos on pregnant women but he does require them to bring a drs note saying its ok.
    Anonymous

• I believe it is technically okay, but I would not risk it. Just wait.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• no all tattoo artist will tell you too wait its not a good thing too do body will reject it and cause infection
    Anonymous

• besides, you never know where you are going to get the stretch marks...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 4:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Most tattoo artists won't do tattoos while you are prego.
    Anonymous

• no. if you go to a tatoo place they say on there that they wont give it to you if you are pregnant. or at least they say its not safe.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• my friend is a tatoo artist and he said he wouldnt tatoo a pregnant person (namely me lol) because something about the adrenalin release during a tatoo can cause preterm labor. that and the whole infection thing plus with your skin stretching and all that stuff. its just best to wait and not take the chance. ( which is killin me cuz i was a week away from my tatoo apt when i found out i was prego lol)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009