joining new groups, why start them and do nothing??? i joined 3 new ones and even the admins dont post, this has happend before.

I joined groups before i have been a member for almost 2 years so once in awhile i look in new groups and join about 5 or 6 and then it seems like nothing happens, nobody posts or updates and they just die out. so my question is really why start them in the first place. I do give them alot of time before i leave, so it is not like i only give a week or so, but is sad

loveeeyore62

Asked by loveeeyore62 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I think a lot of groups are started with good intentions. They are popular at first and fizzle out either from the owner not being active, too much drama, or LIFE! I just leave them and look for new ones :)
    Anonymous

• A lot of new owners seem to just think that people will join. They don't realize how much effort and time the successful group owner's put into their groups. For some of the bigger ones it can be a full time thing.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 8:40 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• they just die out. i'm admin of one that had 160 people then slowly dwindeled down to 19. we auto delete if there are no posts made by you or replies by you after 30 days
    larissacst

Answer by larissacst at 9:23 AM on Mar. 7, 2009

• that makes sense, was really curious, but thanks for the answers clears up alot.
    loveeeyore62

Answer by loveeeyore62 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2009