A little irritated with the ANONS

Why are you all so hateful? I have NEVER been on government assistance, and I feel personally attacked by you all for the negative BS your saying. I work, my DH works, and we take care of our kids. I hope one day you have to go through something as hard as teen parents have to...its harder for us to raise our children than it is for you...is that why your so negative? Because when we suceed that makes up BETTER parents that you?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:16 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• everyone has their own opinion and sadly they just assume that teen moms=welfare. its crappy i mean that octamom is like 30 and is on assistance so i dont understand what age has to do with it
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it's anons like that who have me wondering if life is even worth living anymore.
    Anonymous

• being a teenage mother isnt IDEAL of course but there are teenage mothers who are very responsible. i had my son at 20, im the worst mother ever. if i waited until i was 35 like my mom did i would still be a crappy mother like she was, BUT i would have money to spoil him/her so that they didnt know the difference. however my ex bff had her son at 20 and shes an AMAZING mother. so really it depends on the person
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:26 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I'm gettin a little irritated with the teen moms who get on here and feel they have to convince everyone they can be better parents just because it's harder for teens to be parents. If you're so sure you are a great parent what do you care what other's think? I was a teen mom myself but I didn't bend over backwards making sure other people knew what a great parent I was. All I had to do was take care of my son and screw what other people thought of me. If your so proud stop whining about what others think.
    Anonymous

• Not being hateful being honest. Sorry if you don't want to get an honest answer then don't ask the question.
    Anonymous

• Think to youself, does their opinion really matter to you? Do you know any of them? You will never see them, they have no relevance in your life. Do not take it personally. Who cares if they think you are a welfare collecting, live in a motorhome on a campground, herpes infested, multiple kids by multiple dads mom...lol
    Anonymous

• What do you want an award? You're not supposed to be on gov't assistance. I'm tired of people trying to take credit for something that they are supposed to be doing!! You should be paying for your own children why are you tooting your horn on a public forum? Grow up!!
    Anonymous

• First off, Who are you to say you are a better parent then anybody? I understand your frustration at being stereotyped. It sucks and nobody deserves it. I think it's great that you have done so well. You should be proud of the fact that you and your husband have made it on your own. But seriously, This is the type of question that makes people think badly of teen mothers. A true grown up would never wish hard times on another mother. And by letting things like this get you so riled up, you are feeding into the crap. You are a grown women, and the people on this site have no idea who you really are, and you don't know them. Whatever a bunch of strangers think should have no meaning to you.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I agree with Rebecca-what you stated above is very immature. Face reality in that not all teen moms work and not all the fathers stick around. The majority of teen relationships END whether there's a child or not. Not all teen parents are able to insure their child, pay for daycare, etc. That is the REALITY of it and that's why most people say that. Are some teen moms better moms than some older moms? Yes. But, are some older moms better than teen moms? Heck yeah. Older moms tend to have maturity and experience on their side. Wishing hard times on someone is immature. One can say that you don't know the full responsibility of raising a child on your own because you live with your parents still. You and your husband have help. You dont' pay hardly anything for rent, etc.
    Anonymous

• Ignore the anons, of course they're being b*tchy. They have big question marks stuck up their butts.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 6, 2009