Needing advice on exercise....

Well its been 8 months since I had my little boy, and now it is time for some well lets just say shaping up... I would like to do pilates but I dont know where to go for it. I know someone on here can help. Or if you know of the best kind on exercise to do before bathing suit season hits please let me know..
Thanks

Jasesmommee

Asked by Jasesmommee at 4:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Health

• Check your local library. They sometimes have exercise dvds to check out and that way you can change up your routine without spending a fortune on buying the dvds from the store.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon up there. I use my on demand they have a few pilates on there for free. Just be careful not to hurt yourself the one I did the other day said it was for beginners but boy do they do some hard stuff!! LoL but check your local library for dvds.
    Bayareamommy510

Answer by Bayareamommy510 at 4:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Ok this is what worked for me, Bikram yoga ( Hot yoga),It works every part of your body with no impact. It might be hard to find a class in your area but if you can, try it. This is like physical therapy for me and as a bonus it builds flexible muscle. Its not for everyone but I swear by it.
    Here check this out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maV2InOTsOc
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 4:33 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Start with simple stretches and weight training to build up muscle mass. I used 2 lb weights and you can lift them while watching tv if you want. Building muscle mass will help burn calories so you don't have to fight with that while toning up. Once flexible and you feel good you can build up to a more strenuous workout. I got my Pilates tapes at yard sales but like someone said, try your local library. I do what I can and don't attempt those I know will hurt me. I just finished 4 months of Phy Therapy and don't want to hurt myself again.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:07 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• You can buy Pilates "kits" online--for less than $50...they usually include an instructional DVD, a ball, and resistance bands. It's easier for me to work out at home--more convenient and MUCH cheaper than taking classes at your local fitness club/Y!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009