Snacks?

My daughter is having state testing next week at school and I have to bring snacks for each child. I need ideas, preferably cheap ideas. Like any Chex ideas. Something healthy that will help the kids do great on their testing day. I was hoping I could do the bottled water but I got stuck with snacks :) any ideas would be greatly appreciated. oh i almost forgot, it cant be anything that can spoil. I have to bring it the day before both testing days.

prdmommyandwife

Asked by prdmommyandwife at 4:23 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Can you bring in baked stuff? I brought in mini muffins once that I made and the kids loved them! They requested them for next time :)
    Anonymous

• How about fruit snacks or individual fruit containers like applesauce or peaches? They are fairly cheap and nutritious.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, Tuna or salmon and wheat crackers, cheese and crackers. protiens are the best choice for "brain food"
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:48 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• Try making apple sauce muffins with ground flax seeds...flax seeds are great for brain function! :)

Or banannas and pretzels, or baby carrots with light ranch dressing, or string cheese and apples, or popcorn.
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 4:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• In the comm. they have those boxes of crackers with cheese or peanut butter on them. They are individually wrapped but they are sold in boxes with a good amount in each. I'd do something like that, a mixture. I wouldn't try to find something that all kids could eat because there's going to be a couple that can't eat it because of one reason or another. Good luck!
    SxdUpAngel

Answer by SxdUpAngel at 5:32 PM on Mar. 6, 2009