What should she do?

I signed my 14 year old cousin up on this site.I was wondering if someone could give her some advice.She is 5months pregnant and the doctor has just informed her that there is more than a 50%chanc that the bby is going to be born with downsyndrome.

TeenMom000

Asked by TeenMom000 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Even if they baby is she will have a wonderful like life with him/her. Have her look for a group on here with other mothers of DS babies/children
    Anonymous

• Love the child no matter what! A child is a child sick or not sick! Love it dearly and never think twice about carrying them full term.
    Anonymous

• Where is the doc getting this info? The tests that are given for this are not only invasive (and dangerous), but have a high percentage of false positives. Tell her to eat well, stay healthy, and prepare to meet her child in a few months....then plan on surrounding her with a lot of support because no matter what - at 14/15 - she's going to need it!!
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 4:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• it wont matter in the end. she will love that baby the second she holds him or her. it wont be easy but having a heathy baby at that age isnt easy either. make sure she has lots of support and has people to turn to. shes going to have it alittle harder then the average teenage mother simply because her baby will have downs.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• She should get into some kind of Family therapy. I'm not trying to bash teen moms, but it's hard for an adult to deal with this kind of stuff. I can't imagine that a 14 year old is going to be emotionally and psychologically prepared for what she has coming. It's not going to be easy and she is going to need lots of support from family. By just signing her up for this site you have done her a lot of good. I hope you continue to be as supportive.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2009