pack n play???

Has anyone used a pack n play with the bassenett part in it as a crib for a while when there baby was first born? is this a bad idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used one with my twins for about the first 3 months. I was able to put it next to my bed, so it was convenient. At 3 months I moved them to their cribs, but I kept the pack n play set up in my room for nights when one of them was sick or having sleeping issues. It worked very well for us.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I think some moms prefer a regular bassinett because you can more easily move it from one room to another. Also, I thought I would get a lot of use out of the pack n play after we stopped using it for them to sleep in, but we only used it 2 or 3 times after they were about 5 or 6 months. Now it just takes up space.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:55 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• I used it for when we were in the living room hanging out and stuff until he was about 3 months ish. Then he got too heavy for it and tried to sit up so it scared me. Now we only use the pack n play when we go on trip places. We threw the bassinet part out.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i used it for a crip for the beginning. not the changing table part, but how you have it set up with the bottom of it only like 6 inches from the top of the pack n play (does that make sense?). i liked it better than the crib cuz you could wobble it and kind of rock the baby to sleep in it if he was having trouble.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:13 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• i used it with my dd and now i am goin to use it with my son i think its ok i dont see anything wrong with it
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• We used it as a bassinet for the first few months. It is more functional than getting an actual bassinet because he now uses it as a playpen and he sleeps in the bottom part when we travel.
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 6, 2009