he wont stop banging his head help!

my son is 9 months ever since he was 6 months he likes to bang his head on the crib the wall the play pen people he thinks it funny i told him no i tried scaring him by saying ow the second he did it and run to him he just laughs i say it with a straight face. is my baby gonna be ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Mar. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, he is going to be fine. He won't do it hard enough to cause damage and he will outgrow it. This is more common than you think. Many babies do this to self soothe, as weird as that sounds.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 4:49 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• yes he will fine hes not going to do it if it truly hurts him. so im assuming hes not doing it hard enough to hurt.
    If it hurt he would cry. i guess you could try putting up some padding where he bangs his head so you feel better but he will stop. Or he will actually hit his head hard enough one day that it does hurt and he will learn.
    Anonymous

• just try ignoring it unless hes about to do some head banging thats dangerous. i think the more you say or do something about it the more he wants to do it to get a rise out of you. if you ignore it then he might stop doing it. just a suggestion
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 4:50 PM on Mar. 6, 2009

• does he cry when he hurts himself accidently?
    Anonymous

• He is probably fine. My mom says that I did this so much at that age that I actually broke my crib. Some babies just do that! If you make a big deal out of it he may be more likely to. It is fun to get a big reaction out of mom!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 6, 2009